Home Properties has contracted a company for snow and ice removal operations at Mount Vernon Square Apartments. Please adhere to the following guidelines related to snow removal:
- All communications regarding snow removal operations should be directed to our Leasing Office (e.g., if plowing or sidewalk clearing has not occurred in your section of the community). If the office is closed due to inclement weather, please leave a voicemail message, as they are monitored and responded to! The Contractor has been instructed to only communicate with Community Managers.
- The Contractor will begin snow removal operations after two (2) inches of snow has accumulated on paved surfaces or at the discretion of the community.
- Parking spaces will be truck bladed to the extent that parked vehicles permit (at least three unoccupied parking spaces in a row) during the original plowing service. Roadways will be plowed curb to curb, or as close to the curb, as the roadway allows.
- The snowplow operators will attempt to push the snow off the roadway in smooth, continuous passes with the blades angled toward the road to not create large drifts of snow in front of parked cars; however, the Contractor is not responsible for removing snow from behind/around cars after the snow removal service. This will inevitably occur each time the truck plows snow from the street, but the Contractor has been cautioned to avoid this as much as possible.
- After the snow has been removed, the Contractor will use rock salt on the drivelanes and parking areas and ice melt for the sidewalks.
- Snow should never be shoveled onto streets, sidewalks, or other parking spaces. The Contractor is not responsible for the removal of snow piled by residents in these areas. When shoveling or blowing snow, please place it onto grass-covered common areas. Visit the Leasing Office to borrow a spare shovel if needed.
- If you are essential personnel or are required to be available for work, please make private arrangements or park on a public or adjacent street.
- Snow removal and ice melt will not be applied to your patio area during winter months by the Contractor of the community. Under the provisions of your lease, it is your responsibility to keep your apartment in a clean, orderly, and safe condition. This includes the patio area. Failure to do so will be at your own risk.